Lead Pastor at Harvest EFC in Branson, MO
Harvest is seeking a lead pastor (aka coordinating minister) to partner with the elder board in leading the church to fulfill our mission and vision. Essential duties would include the following:
- Preach and teach God’s Word
- Approximately 50% of Sunday morning teaching by lead pastor
- Other 50% covered by an experienced teaching team
- Oversee Sunday morning and other special services
- Provide support, training and encouragement to church members choosing liturgy, hosting the service and organizing service volunteers
- Collaborate with the worship leader in planning services
- Shepherd overall church ministries
- Collaborate with the administrative assistant on email and other communications
- Develop and support service opportunities in the local community
- Support, train and encourage leaders of men’s, women’s, children’s and youth ministries
- Meet with elders and church board monthly
- Prioritize pastoral care to the multi-generational congregation
- MDiv (or in process)
- Willingness to pursue EFCA credentialing within agreed-upon timeframe
- 3 years of related church experience (paid or unpaid)
- Embrace the EFCA Statement of Faith
Desired Pastoral Traits
- Warm and approachable
- Seeks to engage in meaningful ways with congregation and local community
- Strong administrative skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and a teachable spirit
- Gifted in pastoral care
About this Church
Harvest is an Evangelical Free Church, steeped in a liturgical model of worship and congregationally led, located in Branson, Missouri. Our multi-generational congregation of approximately 100 people is made up of young families and students from the nearby college, as well as people from all stages of life. Congregants come from a variety of denominational backgrounds and value authentic community, shared leadership, weekly communion, a shared preaching model and generous support of local and global mission work.
Our Mission: To glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Desire: To be an authentic community of Christ-followers who are committed to biblical teaching and worship that reaches all people, restores them to wholeness, equips them for service and sends them to reach others.
Our Dream: To see the Tri-Lakes community, our nation and our world transformed by the power of the gospel.
Want to learn more or apply for this position? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lead Pastor, Faith Bible Fellowship in West Union, Iowa
Faith Bible Fellowship of West Union, Iowa is a very welcoming church body that loves the Lord Jesus Christ and is united in serving Him. We have an opening for the position of Lead Pastor, who will:
Preach and Teach God’s Word: Our congregation has been blessed with gifted expository preachers. We are desiring the next pastor to likewise be a strong communicator and have a passion for expository preaching.
Shepherd the Congregation: We desire a pastor who will provide care and concern, provide biblical counsel, and visit those in need with encouragement.
Offer Administrative Leadership: The pastor will serve on the Elder Board and bring leadership gifting to that team and bring direction to the mission and vision of the church.
Perform Pastoral Duties: The pastor will prepare for and lead worship services, perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services, and lead discipleship initiatives within the church.
Faith Bible Fellowship is located in West Union, Iowa with a population of around 2600. Our congregation is a rural, community church of around 70 attendees who are conservative, bible teaching and practicing followers of the Word of God and have been willing to be of service in the many activities that are provided. Church Activities include: Sunday School for all ages, Sunday morning worship services, Sunday afternoon Bible Studies including a light meal, Tuesday evening home Bible Studies, Wednesday afternoon Kid’s Activities, Wednesday evening Youth Group, Wednesday Evening Men’s Community Prayer, Thursday Evening FBF Prayer, Saturday Art Club, and VBS. We have been meeting for 18 years and became an official EFCA church in 2012. God has blessed us with a church building which we purchased in August 2020 and is nearly paid off. We support 3 missionaries in Greece, Romania and Cresco, Iowa, but feel our greatest mission field has become West Union and surrounding communities.
Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as pastor at Faith Bible Fellowship? In what ways has God called and/or prepared you to serve as a small-town pastor?
PT Pastor, Prairie Creek Community Church in Vinton, Iowa
Part-time (20-25 hours per week) Pastor position at Prairie Creek Community Church of Vinton, Iowa. Responsibilities include the Sunday message, teaching the Adult Sunday school class and visiting shut-ins, the ill, and new visitors. $24,000 annual salary and the use of the parsonage. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Associate Pastor of Worship & Student Ministries, Grace EFC in Indianola, IA
Purpose of the Position:
To lead and equip the Grace Praise Team to worship Jesus with joy and authenticity, to lead junior and senior high students close to Jesus and support the broader mission of the church (Love God, Love People, Proclaim His Word and Make Disciples) in tasks as assigned.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead worship team of volunteers (musicians & vocalists)
- Select worship songs weekly (would love to have song selection coincide with sermon when possible)
- Equip worship team with a monthly schedule of volunteers and song selection
- Prepare worship media and provide support for the tech team weekly
- Lead worship practice weekly
- Work with and guide on-stage and tech team during weekly practice and worship service
- Lead A/V team of volunteers; advise tech team and elders on needed worship equipment and updates
- Understand the sound and display systems, ready to recommend updates as needed
- Guide Middle and High School students (grades 6—12) in what it means to know and follow Jesus
- Recruit, train and lead the team of adult volunteers
- Prepare and teach regular messages, small group discussion questions and lead worship
- Lead/plan intentional growth opportunities for teens (camps, mission trips, conferences, etc.)
- Other occasional duties as assigned by the Pastoral/Elder team
- A man who loves Jesus and meets the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9)
- Fully on board with Grace’s mission to: Love God. Love People. Proclaim His Word. Make Disciples.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, Bible or youth ministry (or equivalent experience) is preferred
- Complete alignment with the Evangelical Free Church of America’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrates engaging leadership and has good communication skills
- Passionate, humble and confident
- The Associate Pastor of Worship & Student Ministries will report and be accountable to the Lead Pastor & Elder Board.
About this Church
Grace Church was planted in Indianola, Iowa in 2008. We are passionate about the gospel and faithfully pursuing the mission the Lord has given us: Love God, Love People, Proclaim the Word, Make Disciples
Questions and resumes can be directed to:Pastor Keegan CrosbyEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone: 402-979-9190
Senior Pastor, Cornerstone Fellowship Evangelical Free Church in Greenfield, IA
Cornerstone Fellowship Evangelical Free Church
Senior Pastor Job Description
The Senior Pastor’s primary role is to humbly shepherd the body of believers at Cornerstone Fellowship Church. The Senior Pastor serves alongside the Elders while being accountable to the Elders. He has direct leadership oversight over the ministry staff and ministry team leaders.
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE POSITION:
- The Senior Pastor will exhibit the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- The Senior Pastor will exhibit the spiritual gift of the Pastor-Teacher found in Ephesians 4:11-12.
- The Senior Pastor must hold to the EFCA Statement of Faith and the Cornerstone By-Laws without reservation.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
The Senior Pastor of Cornerstone Fellowship Church will perform all the Scriptural duties of the office (Ephesians 4:11-16) under the guidance of the Holy Spirit with freedom of the pulpit.
These responsibilities include the following:
- As a member of the Elder Team, the Senior Pastor is called to persistently pray for the church, monitor the spiritual condition, biblical doctrine, and ministry direction of the church, and to determine the necessary policies for the church.
- Responsible for spiritual content at the stated services of Cornerstone Fellowship.
- Visit members of the congregation as needed.
- Oversee the observance of believer baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Shepherd the congregation to care for the spiritual welfare of others.
- Disciple, develop and train leadership
- Keep the congregation focused on its mission as stated in the Constitution and project a vision which fulfills that mission.
DESIRED SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
- A shepherd’s heart and a love for people of all ages.
- An ability to passionately and effectively communicate God’s Word in various settings; including large groups large groups (preaching), small to moderate sized groups, and one on one with individuals (counsel), including courageous teaching and application of God’s truth.
- Community minded.
- Fortitude to defend the truth of God’s Word in a loving manner.
- A desire for the lost to receive salvation and an ability to shepherd believers in the process of sanctification.
- Willingness to work with the culture of this church.
- Good organizational leadership skills.
To Apply:Interested candidates, please send resume and contact information to the Search Team:Mark Bower, Search Team Chaircrnstn@windstream.netCornerstone Fellowship E-Free Church2158 Highway 92 Greenfield, Iowa 50849
Pastor of Next Generation Ministries
New Life Evangelical Free Church in Tama-Toledo, Iowa has started a search for a ‘Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.’ This position will be responsible to bring leadership to the church’s ministries for children and youth. They are looking for a pastor who is passionate about reaching the next generation with the Gospel, building them up in the faith, and who has a clear vision to equip and encourage the people of God to serve in these ministries. Questions and resumes can be directed to: Pastor Steve Brant (email@example.com).
Grace Evangelical Free Church, Eagle Grove, IA
Grace Church of Eagle Grove, IA, is currently searching for an Associate Pastor to develop and oversee Youth and Family ministries in our local fellowship. While we believe that God has prepared and called a unique individual for this position, our responsibility in the search process involves prayerfully defining and describing the position, along with outlining the criteria we think will be important for the ideal candidate to possess. This position will entail 60-70% youth ministry focus, with the remainder of time devoted to small groups, worship, and/or missions as fitting with the associate pastor’s gifts.
Calling and Passion
The ideal candidate will demonstrate:
- A drive to equip and facilitate disciple-making at all ages
- Passion for the spiritual growth of youth and families
- Ability to train & develop student leaders in the church
- A desire to train and equip youth rather than simply educate
- A heart for strengthening families according to a biblical framework
- Vision for developing a youth ministry that has a lasting impact beyond graduation
- Passion for reaching beyond the walls of our local church into the communities our members live in
- Drive for hands-on missions/service in and beyond the local community
- A strong desire to serve the Spanish-speaking populations in our region
- A genuine openness to the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit
- A willingness to work with/through the DNA of this church
The Associate Pastor shall have:
- Ability to lead and communicate with God’s people
- Ability to teach the Word of God, explaining concepts and making application
- Ability to motivate others to participate in mission
- Ability to relate well to people of all ages
- Organized with attention to detail and with a strong follow through to accomplish the goal
- Ability to delegate as they disciple others
- A strong desire and gifting to shepherd youth in youth ministry
- Willingness to preach from the pulpit as required
- Desire to grow in these areas
- Desired but not required:
- Extroverted personality that recharges by spending time with people
- Musical talent and willingness to lead worship
- Collaborative spirit and experience in a multi-staff setting
- Good financial sense regarding personal/church finances
- Comfort with learning and using technology as tools for ministry
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish)
The Associate Pastor shall have:
- A personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, including a consistent prayer life
- A habit of following Jesus in their personal and family life
- A love for and commitment to his own family and community
- A reputation for being morally above reproach
- A consistent demonstration of integrity and humility
- A humble and compassionate courage to teach and apply God’s truths without being swayed by culture
- A shepherd’s heart and an ability and willingness to speak difficult truths with love
Education and Experience
The ideal candidate will have completed a ministry-related undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited evangelical college or university, preferably with emphases on youth ministry and/or discipleship. He should not consider his degree to be the completion of his training, but should be a life-long learner.
Additionally, the candidate will have at least 2 years of employment experience in a local church or parachurch organization, preferably in a pastoral role or youth-related ministry. References from that ministry experience must affirm his calling to pastoral ministry and gifting to oversee youth ministry.
The Associate Pastor candidate must hold to the EFCA Statement of Faith. If he is not already licensed or ordained by the EFCA, he must be willing to pursue one of those credentials.
Additionally, in regard to human sexuality, the candidate must hold to a biblical view of human sexuality that is consistent with the EFCA requirements for licensing and ordination. He must not engage in sexual behavior contrary to these beliefs.
Associate Pastor: Worship & Student Ministry in Siloam Springs, AR
Siloam Springs Bible Church is seeking a full-time associate pastor to shepherd and serve in the areas of student ministry and worship to begin as soon as possible. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing all aspects of the worship ministry and student ministry of the church.
SSBC currently has two identical musically blended worship services each Sunday morning. One of these services is streamed online. Candidates will be expected to recruit, disciple, and equip volunteers in the music and tech ministries of SSBC. He should also be able to lead this team and the congregation during the worship service as needed. In the area of technology, he will need to be able to oversee a volunteer team for sound and computer needs for both an in person and online service. You can find recorded worship services here.
Student Ministry (7th-12th grades)
The student ministry at SSBC is led by our students with oversight by adult volunteers. This means we are looking for someone who is interested and able to develop our student and adult leaders. This pastor will oversee the teaching ministry for this age on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, shepherding students, parents, and adult leaders as well as planning and leading outreach events, mission trips, and student retreats.
Siloam Springs Bible Church
SSBC, founded in 1947, is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. Our mission is to glorify God by loving Him and making disciples and our vision is to build caring relationships to connect our homes, community and the world to Jesus. We are a healthy church with approximately 350 weekly attendance serving a growing, diverse community of more than 17,000. In 2018 our church moved to a larger facility and is poised to continue growing. We are a congregational church with elder leadership. Currently we have two full-time pastoral staff and five part-time staff. In the past decade we have been blessed to send multiple missionary families from our congregation and look forward to continuing to make disciples of all nations.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Meets the biblical qualifications for an elder described in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1.
- Passionate about shepherding, equipping, and developing other believers
- Demonstrated experience in leading a worship team
- Demonstrated experience in discipling students
- Agrees with SSBC’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrated experience with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience in sound and technology for worship services (in person and online)
- Possesses an EFCA credential
- Completed degree in ministry or Bible
- Experience working in a church or parachurch ministry environment
SSBC provides competitive salaries based on experience and qualifications. All pastors have the option of participating in retirement investment and disability insurance through the EFCA. Paid time off includes holidays and three weeks of vacation annually. Pastors also receive a 12-week sabbatical after a minimum of six years of service at SSBC.
Applicants should submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest including why he is qualified for this position
- One or two page written testimony
Pastor Bruce Boehmer
email@example.com 927 South Oak Hill St.
Siloam Springs, AR 72761 479-524-3963
The screening process will begin on March 28, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Youth Pastor at Bethel Baptist Church in Newell, IA
Purpose of Position:
As Bethel’s demographics continue to change, so has the need for a youth pastor on staff. The youth pastor will operate alongside church leadership to promote the spiritual growth of students in our church, schools, and community and create a Great Commission culture amongst the youth ministry.
- He is to meet the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Prefer prior ministry experience in the area of youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a good level of biblical training is preferred.
- Our preference is to have a married couple with some involvement from his spouse.
- Ability to handle God's Word in agreement with Bethel’s doctrinal positions
- Good communication skills
- Relational and loves students
- Plan and execute youth activities that align with and help accomplish the church's mission statement
- Ability to listen and provide biblical counsel to students.
- Organizational skills
Primary Duties and Expectations:
- To work as a team with the pastoral staff and elders.
- The Youth Pastor will be a key part of this leadership team. It is essential that a general agreement exists in the working philosophy of the pastoral staff.
- Lead and work closely with volunteer youth leaders in the planning and carrying out the ministry throughout the week through group and individual discipleship including youth sunday school ministry.
- Shepherd the youth by building strong relationships with them and their families.
- Establish a presence in the community by building intentional community relationships.
- Provide biblical counsel to youth in cooperation with parents and pastoral staff as needed.
- Coordinate the youth ministry with all other aspects of the ministry of Bethel Baptist Church so as to promote the strongest possible unity between them.
- Be involved in Sunday services and willing to preach in coordination with the pastoral staff.
Operating in Your Strengths:
Though the primary responsibility of this position is with the youth 7-12th grades, we understand that every candidate is uniquely gifted by God and will consider additional duties based on the spiritual gifts of the individual.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us at:
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Geoff Smith - 712-730-1558