Jobs in EFCA Central
Family Ministries Pastor at Wellspring Church in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Meet Wellspring Church
Wellspring Church is a single-site church with an average attendance of 150 (including children) in beautiful Mount Pleasant, a town in southeast Iowa with a population of around 9,000. Starting as a church plant in 2003, Wellspring Church has continued to expand its reach and moved into a new facility in December 2014. The local community features excellent schools, abundant sports and outdoor activities, three coffee shops, Walmart, HyVee and a small town feel that is friendly and inviting. Nearby West Burlington (25 minute drive) has many amenities as well.
Wellspring is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. We consider our affiliation with the EFCA the best of both worlds. On one hand, we are part of something bigger than ourselves - we are part of the larger Church. On the other hand, we are a self-governing church - free to direct vision and style according to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
When you come to a worship service, you will experience meaningful worship and a biblically-based message that is engaging and relevant. We also believe that creativity and humor have an important place in our gatherings and look to include elements of fun to the Sunday experience (for all ages). We take Jesus seriously, but not ourselves. It is important to us that we are not only a place for our current attenders to grow in their faith, but also a church that reaches the community in which we live through service and outreach.
About the Family Ministries Pastor
Wellspring Church exists to connect people to Christ by making disciples and growing with them to serve and glorify God. In pursuit of this mission, we are equally committed to reaching the unbelieving with the love and truth of Jesus and cultivating spiritual growth and maturity in his followers. The Family Ministries Pastor fulfills this mission by leading discipleship strategies from birth through high school. This includes:
● Creating opportunities for the next generation to know, love, and follow Jesus.
● Encouraging and equipping parents to be spiritual leaders.
● Raising up teams and leaders who influence the next generation for Christ.
This full time position will be more than just a manager. Those with experience in either youth or children’s ministry are encouraged to apply.
Family Ministries Pastor Job Summary
Reporting to the Senior Pastor, the Family Ministry Pastor is directly responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive program for Christian growth of youth and children, ages birth through high school and their families. The position will develop and implement sound biblical teaching, recruit and train youth leaders, and provide support systems that will enable Wellspring to reach, disciple and inspire youth and students to live as fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. The Family Ministries Pastor serves as a spiritual leader and role model in the church and community. The position focuses on, and is directly responsible for middle and high school ministry and plays a key role in family discipleship, mission and outreach.
Youth Ministry (Middle and High School)
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy engagement points for Middle and High School students through weekly programs and routine special events.
- Create and manage a ministry calendar that will drive all the activities and teaching.
- Direct the recruitment, training, and development of volunteers as needed to staff weekly programs and special events.
- Promote and participate in camps and conferences for youth and children.
Youth and Family Development
● Develop and expand a vision with a focus on teaching Scripture in a way that demonstrates obedient Christian living at each stage of a member’s walk with Christ.
● Collaborate with the Senior Pastor to ensure that the curriculum at each level of spiritual development flows well into the next.
● Direct responsibility for youth and children’s ministry curriculum with oversight for all other family ministries curriculum carefully chosen to align to Biblical standards and the mission and values of Wellspring.
● Promote multi-generational participation in the discipleship process.
● Encourage in-home discipleship as well as body involvement in the praying for, and raising up of children.
● Shepherding volunteers of youth and children activities including but not limited to Children's Church, camps, Sunday School and weekly programming.
● Ensure that ministry leaders connect regularly to the homes, families, and community represented at Wellspring so that parents experience a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
● Minister to and provide wise and godly counsel to families, empowering them to grow in their Christian discipleship through teaching ministries and biblical foundations.
● Plan and conduct periodic parent meetings to meet the needs and expectations of families attending the church.
- Develop effective strategies and lead efforts to increase adult volunteer participation in children and student activities.
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteer leadership teams made up of parents and members with a calling to work with children and students.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor to develop training tools to assist children and student leaders with recruiting and training other ministry volunteers.
Visitor and Community Development
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children, youth, and families into the broader life of the church.
- Create a strategy to develop an effective social media presence for the ministry. Ensure social media communication is professional and within guidelines set forth by church policy.
- Partner and build relationships with the families and the surrounding community through service in order to minister to unbelievers and invite them to relationship with Christ.
- Maintain and enforce all policies related to safe environments including, but not limited to background checks, preventing harassment (sexual and non-sexual), privacy and confidentiality, and the like.
- Partner with the Senior Pastor, Elder Board, and Church Treasurer to develop an annual budget which supports the youth and children’s ministries.
- Partner and build relationships with the families and the community through outreach in order to minister to unbelievers and invite them to relationship with Christ.
- Perform funerals and weddings as needed.
- Preach on Sunday morning as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, the male candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Further, qualified individuals must be a member of Wellspring or willing to become a member.
- Demonstrates a lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13, 2 Timothy 2, Titus 1:5-9).
- Possesses spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for pastoral leadership and eldership.
- Is known for his love for Christ, the gospel, people, demonstrates the Fruit of the Spirit, continuous growth in his faith and commitment to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer and rest.
- Deeply resonates and agrees with the mission, values and doctrinal statement of Wellspring.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in Biblical Studies or related field. In some cases, extensive ministry experience may be substituted. The successful individual will be a strong leader with a solid work ethic, possessing a passion for teaching students about God and the ability to administrate as a department head. A demonstrated working knowledge of creative programming related to student programs and special events is a plus.
Candidates may send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pastor of Family and Worship Ministry at Crosswinds Church, Spirit Lake Campus in Spirit Lake, IA
Our mission is “Reaching people with Jesus.”
We are one church with campuses in Spencer and Spirit Lake, IA, that cooperate on mission, resources, and teaching. CrossWinds is a place where the Bible is taught, the gospel is proclaimed, and a biblical community is fostered to help followers of Christ grow in their likeness to Him. The Spirit Lake campus is a large facility with a gymnasium and youth space equipped with modern audio, video, and lighting capabilities.
We seek to fill the Pastor of Family and Worship Ministries role with someone administratively gifted that displays a pastor's heart and the gift of teaching and pastoring students. He must possess the skills to plan, organize, create, and improve. He must also effectively lead and shepherd. This individual must be a self-starter. While exercising strong leadership gifts, he must understand that organizational and administrative tasks are not an end in themselves but rather one of the ways God develops the spiritual health and well-being of His church.
Provide leadership for the middle and high school students on the Spirit Lake Campus
-Develop spiritual maturity in existing students challenging them to leadership in the student ministry programs and the rest of the church family
-Work with student leaders to develop a plan of outreach to invite their friends to student ministry events where they can hear the gospel and experience the Christian community
-Work with adult leaders to develop an annual ministry plan that utilizes the wisdom and skill of adult volunteers
-Foster spiritual growth in students through an annual ministry plan that includes the following:
- Solid biblical teaching so students open their Bibles. This includes expository and relevant topical teaching
- Teach students to study the Bible on their own
- Encourage students in a Scripture memory so they commit God’s Word to their hearts
- Teach students how to pray and provide corporate and personal prayer opportunities in
- the student ministry
- Teach students the importance of the church and why God made them a part of it.
- Help students discover and use their spiritual gifts in the student ministry and the rest of the church body
- Serve in the community
-Create small groups led by mature adult and student leaders who mentor students
Lead praise and worship in student gatherings with a student worship team
Build relationships with students to encourage, equip, and counsel
Prepare and present an annual student ministry budget. Adhere to the budget and steward the finances entrusted to the student ministry program
Oversee budget requests from student and children’s ministry areas
Organize and manage fundraising opportunities and use of raised funds (student ministry accounts)
Provide support, classes, and resources to help parents raise their children to follow Jesus. Our goal is to help parents better disciple their children.
- Lead student worship and build a student-based worship team in the sixth to twelfth-grade ministry
- Serve in the Sunday morning adult worship leader rotation
- A working knowledge of Ableton, Hog 4 lighting console, Planning Center, ProPresenter, Allen
- & Heath audio mixing, or similar systems is preferred
- Work with the AVL director for student ministry and Sunday morning adult worship
- Oversee the Sunday morning kids program team, ensuring teachers are in place and theologically sound material is used.
- Oversee the director of the mid-week AWANA program
- Oversee the nursery
- Oversee summer outreach programs, such as VBS
- Provide age-appropriate support, classes, and resources to help parents raise their children to
- follow Christ
1. Work with the pastor of family ministries on the Spencer Campus to provide synergy between the student and children’s programs. The goal is, when possible, to duplicate systems and strategies between campuses while allowing flexibility between campuses when appropriate.
1. Fill the pulpit as requestedQUALIFICATIONS1. Fulfills the character qualifications and duties of an elder in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-16 2. A masters level seminary education or equivalent is preferred but not required3. Affirms the CrossWinds Church Statement of Faith — spiritlake.crosswinds.tv/our-beliefs4. Affirms CrossWinds Core Values — http://spiritlake.crosswinds.tv/core-values5. Demonstrates wisdom in decisions, actions, and recommendations 6. Competent in Apple-based technology
SALARY PACKAGEThis is a full-time position. Compensation is commensurate with education and experience.
Reports to the Lead Pastor
To apply, contact Kurt Trucksess - email@example.com — www.crosswinds.tv
Family Discipleship & Worship Pastor at Arthur Evangelical Free Church in Arthur, IA
Weekly Attendance: 100-150
Primary Pastoral Ministry
- Engage in a range of pastoral ministries, in partnership (and cooperation with) the senior pastor that further the mission of the church, including preaching, leadership, evangelism and providing pastoral care.
- Provide oversight, direction and encouragement for Student Ministries and adult Christian Educational opportunities in line with the overall vision of the church – with an expected focus on ministries to the Next Generation (Student Ministries).
Champion of Next Generation Ministries
- Encourage the church’s passion for ministry to the Next Generation.
- Inspire, encourage and partner with parents in their discipleship of their children.
- Seek to expand outreach and evangelism to the Next Generation (and beyond).
- Help provide curriculum for and be available to support small group activities.
- Partner with Christian Education (CE) Team to develop aligned and intentional discipleship plan from birth to adults.
- Be available to provide support for Men’s and Women’s Ministries.
- Meet the Biblical qualifications as found in 1 Timothy 3:1-13, Titus 1:5-9 & 1 Peter 5:1-5.
- Have a growing and genuine personal relationship with Jesus Christ expressed in love for God and others and a consistent commitment prayer, Bible Intake and other spiritual disciplines.
- Have a strong belief in the power and authority of the Word of God.
- Have a heart for and commitment to reaching the lost and helping mature the believer.
- Be a team player who contributes a positive, humble and flexible attitude in the teams that he is involved in.
- Full commitment without mental reservation to the EFCA Statement of Faith.
- Shepherding: Care for Youth and their families
- Overseeing, contacting and caregiving for youth and families.
- Seek opportunities to be involved in students’ lives, praying with them, caring for them and being available and responsive to the needs of their parents.
- Along with ministry teams, seek to encourage, support and equip parents for their Biblical role of discipling their youth.
- Have a record of ministry in which they demonstrate good awareness of and operating within their own gifting and calling in ministry with a servant-like attitude.
- Have a trajectory of working hard and even sacrificially while also being able to set boundaries and get rest.
- Be able to explain Biblical concepts to others and make application.
- Possess the courage and ability to teach and apply God’s truths without being quarrelsome (2 Timothy 2:24-26).
- Be known for speaking the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15) and loving people.
- Have an understanding of and commitment to global missions.
- Have the ability to relate well to people of all ages and differing backgrounds.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Be able to develop and work together on a team and to make decisions together.
- Have good financial sense regarding personal and church finances.
- Worship Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead worship team of volunteers (musicians & vocalists).
- Select worship songs weekly alongside the sermon.
- Equip worship team with a monthly schedule of volunteers and song selection.
- Provide support for the tech team weekly.
- Lead worship practice weekly.
Contact: Pastor Dave Schultz firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor of Student and Children’s Ministries at Christ Community Church in Sioux Center, IA
Pastor of Student and Children’s Ministries
Christ Community Church is seeking a Pastor of Student and Children’s Ministries. This full-time position will shepherd the children and students of Christ Community Church, within the cultural contexts of their own families and the wider church family, to become wholehearted disciples of Jesus Christ, committed to Christ’s character and mission. We pray we can find a man who loves Jesus and the gospel, has a heart for discipleship, and connects well with the younger generation of our church. Although the role focuses primarily on teenagers and children, he should have a heart for the church body as a whole and is able to shepherd alongside our lead pastor. There will be many opportunities for teaching and preaching the Scriptures in a wide variety of contexts if this is a passion and gifting for whomever the Lord calls to this role.
- Knows his brokenness and need for Christ
- A vibrant, committed, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A passion for students and desire for a relationship-driven, incarnational ministry to them
- Exemplary communication skills with students and their parents
- Theological training within a student-ministry context or related experience
- Doctrinally aligned with the Evangelical Free Church Statement of Faith
- A servant-leader’s heart with a desire to work with and build team ministry
A theological degree is not required, but we would appreciate experience in a youth or student-ministry context, even if it is at the volunteer level.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of this position is to provide pastoral care to the children and students of our church and to develop vision, leadership, and structure for student and children’s ministries at Christ Community Church.
Key responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating Christ-like faith and love to children, students, and their families
- Developing or procuring curriculum and content for children’s ministry avenues at CCC, including but not limited to Sunday School.
- Overseeing and finding volunteers to lead in various children’s ministry contexts (i.e. Sunday School teachers)
- Shepherding students during teaching times and practicing hospitality and a sound discipleship methodology with students to help them grow in their faith
- Maintaining a biblically-based focus in disciple making, including fostering good communication, cooperation, and coordination with staff, students, children, and parents
- Setting and pursuing goals for Student Ministries and Children’s Ministries in partnership with Christ Community’s mission statement
- Assisting and equipping parents in the discipleship of their own children.
- Modeling love, integrity, and excellence in Christian leadership
There is a great deal of flexibility with how these responsibilities are lived out practically speaking. It is our desire to let the role be shaped by the particular giftings and personality of the man God calls to our church.
Supervision: This position will be answerable to and supervised by the Lead Pastor on a weekly basis and the Elder Team on at least an annual basis.
About Christ Community Church:
Our church purpose statement begins with the words “Confessing our brokenness…” To us, these are important words that drive the heartbeat of our church. After all, we are indeed broken people. As we confess our brokenness to one another, it opens the door for us to extend grace to one another and to experience the marvelous grace of our heavenly Father. A large view of our sin leads to a large view of the cross and a large view of God’s love. As a church, we are committed to the clear and unapologetic preaching of God’s Word, intentional discipleship, and tight-knit community. In other words, we hope and pray that we are a church filled with gospel vibrancy and relational intimacy while proudly and unashamedly proclaiming God’s Word.
We are an Evangelical Free church located in Sioux Center, Iowa. We average between 150-200 people in Sunday morning worship, but we have been growing over the past year. Although Sioux Center has been a traditionally Dutch town, in recent years a growing Hispanic population has begun to significantly change the demographics. Because of this, we have actively sought to live up to the phrase “one church, two languages, multiple cultures.” We have a Spanish service on Sunday afternoons, and we are committed to becoming a church that more accurately reflects our local community. Sioux Center is also home to Dordt University, so we have a decent number of college students attending during the academic year. Although we are not expecting this pastor to exercise oversight over this area, if this is an interest, it can be included in the responsibilities.
Lead Pastor Mark Johnson
Associate Pastor at Britt Evangelical Free Church in Britt, IA
Position: This full-time position is designed to be part of a collaborative staff team, focusing on discipleship, leadership, and team building in various areas of the church’s ministries. This man will report directly to the Senior Pastor and the Elders. The position will provide numerous opportunities to assist the Senior Pastor in teaching, preaching, and leading with an emphasis on team building and pastoral support in the key areas listed below. Specifics will be determined through assessing gifts and skills of the pastoral team and discerning how the Holy Spirit will best utilize them to carry out the work of building the church by maturing and multiplying disciples of Jesus Christ.
Roles: Collaborate with the Senior Pastor in leadership of the following areas of ministry:
1. Caring for those with needs in our congregation.
2. Nurturing an intentional discipleship culture using our Blueprint for Discipleship.
3. Providing administrative leadership and pastoral support to volunteer teams in the worship ministry.
4. Shepherding new attenders to become fully connected members of our church family.
5. Providing administrative leadership and pastoral support to a potential volunteer technology team to develop media platforms for discipleship and outreach.
6. Building relational bridges into the community.
7. Equipping ministry leaders and teachers.
Who We Are: Britt Free Church is in the town of Britt in North Central, Iowa. We are a church with over 150 members and average 200-250 individuals in our Sunday worship gatherings. Our ministry team comprises this position, a full time Senior Pastor, and a full time Director of Youth and Family Ministries. We have a team of volunteers within our worship ministry (musicians, tech support, etc.) that includes over twenty people, along with several others who are looking to create new and unique opportunities for ministry. We are seeking an individual who can help us gather and equip others to fulfill these needs.
Requirements: We are seeking a man who possesses an intimate, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibits the biblical qualities of a pastor/elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. He should be willing to seek credentialing as a pastor in the EFCA and hold at least a bachelor’s degree in biblical studies. Experience is not required but is preferred.
Steve Couch - Lead Pastor
Lead Pastor at Harvest EFC in Branson, MO
Harvest is seeking a lead pastor (aka coordinating minister) to partner with the elder board in leading the church to fulfill our mission and vision. Essential duties would include the following:
- Preach and teach God’s Word
- Approximately 50% of Sunday morning teaching by lead pastor
- Other 50% covered by an experienced teaching team
- Oversee Sunday morning and other special services
- Provide support, training and encouragement to church members choosing liturgy, hosting the service and organizing service volunteers
- Collaborate with the worship leader in planning services
- Shepherd overall church ministries
- Collaborate with the administrative assistant on email and other communications
- Develop and support service opportunities in the local community
- Support, train and encourage leaders of men’s, women’s, children’s and youth ministries
- Meet with elders and church board monthly
- Prioritize pastoral care to the multi-generational congregation
- MDiv (or in process)
- Willingness to pursue EFCA credentialing within agreed-upon timeframe
- 3 years of related church experience (paid or unpaid)
- Embrace the EFCA Statement of Faith
Desired Pastoral Traits
- Warm and approachable
- Seeks to engage in meaningful ways with congregation and local community
- Strong administrative skills and abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and a teachable spirit
- Gifted in pastoral care
About this Church
Harvest is an Evangelical Free Church, steeped in a liturgical model of worship and congregationally led, located in Branson, Missouri. Our multi-generational congregation of approximately 100 people is made up of young families and students from the nearby college, as well as people from all stages of life. Congregants come from a variety of denominational backgrounds and value authentic community, shared leadership, weekly communion, a shared preaching model and generous support of local and global mission work.
Our Mission: To glorify God by making disciples of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our Desire: To be an authentic community of Christ-followers who are committed to biblical teaching and worship that reaches all people, restores them to wholeness, equips them for service and sends them to reach others.
Our Dream: To see the Tri-Lakes community, our nation and our world transformed by the power of the gospel.
Want to learn more or apply for this position? Email email@example.com.
Lead Pastor, Faith Bible Fellowship in West Union, Iowa
Faith Bible Fellowship of West Union, Iowa is a very welcoming church body that loves the Lord Jesus Christ and is united in serving Him. We have an opening for the position of Lead Pastor, who will:
Preach and Teach God’s Word: Our congregation has been blessed with gifted expository preachers. We are desiring the next pastor to likewise be a strong communicator and have a passion for expository preaching.
Shepherd the Congregation: We desire a pastor who will provide care and concern, provide biblical counsel, and visit those in need with encouragement.
Offer Administrative Leadership: The pastor will serve on the Elder Board and bring leadership gifting to that team and bring direction to the mission and vision of the church.
Perform Pastoral Duties: The pastor will prepare for and lead worship services, perform wedding ceremonies and conduct funeral services, and lead discipleship initiatives within the church.
Faith Bible Fellowship is located in West Union, Iowa with a population of around 2600. Our congregation is a rural, community church of around 70 attendees who are conservative, bible teaching and practicing followers of the Word of God and have been willing to be of service in the many activities that are provided. Church Activities include: Sunday School for all ages, Sunday morning worship services, Sunday afternoon Bible Studies including a light meal, Tuesday evening home Bible Studies, Wednesday afternoon Kid’s Activities, Wednesday evening Youth Group, Wednesday Evening Men’s Community Prayer, Thursday Evening FBF Prayer, Saturday Art Club, and VBS. We have been meeting for 18 years and became an official EFCA church in 2012. God has blessed us with a church building which we purchased in August 2020 and is nearly paid off. We support 3 missionaries in Greece, Romania and Cresco, Iowa, but feel our greatest mission field has become West Union and surrounding communities.
Please send your resume and answers to the following questions to:
Why do you believe that you might be a good fit as pastor at Faith Bible Fellowship? In what ways has God called and/or prepared you to serve as a small-town pastor?
PT Pastor, Prairie Creek Community Church in Vinton, Iowa
Part-time (20-25 hours per week) Pastor position at Prairie Creek Community Church of Vinton, Iowa. Responsibilities include the Sunday message, teaching the Adult Sunday school class and visiting shut-ins, the ill, and new visitors. $24,000 annual salary and the use of the parsonage. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Pastor of Worship & Student Ministries, Grace EFC in Indianola, IA
Purpose of the Position:
To lead and equip the Grace Praise Team to worship Jesus with joy and authenticity, to lead junior and senior high students close to Jesus and support the broader mission of the church (Love God, Love People, Proclaim His Word and Make Disciples) in tasks as assigned.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead worship team of volunteers (musicians & vocalists)
- Select worship songs weekly (would love to have song selection coincide with sermon when possible)
- Equip worship team with a monthly schedule of volunteers and song selection
- Prepare worship media and provide support for the tech team weekly
- Lead worship practice weekly
- Work with and guide on-stage and tech team during weekly practice and worship service
- Lead A/V team of volunteers; advise tech team and elders on needed worship equipment and updates
- Understand the sound and display systems, ready to recommend updates as needed
- Guide Middle and High School students (grades 6—12) in what it means to know and follow Jesus
- Recruit, train and lead the team of adult volunteers
- Prepare and teach regular messages, small group discussion questions and lead worship
- Lead/plan intentional growth opportunities for teens (camps, mission trips, conferences, etc.)
- Other occasional duties as assigned by the Pastoral/Elder team
- A man who loves Jesus and meets the qualifications of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1: 5-9)
- Fully on board with Grace’s mission to: Love God. Love People. Proclaim His Word. Make Disciples.
- Bachelor’s degree in music, Bible or youth ministry (or equivalent experience) is preferred
- Complete alignment with the Evangelical Free Church of America’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrates engaging leadership and has good communication skills
- Passionate, humble and confident
- The Associate Pastor of Worship & Student Ministries will report and be accountable to the Lead Pastor & Elder Board.
About this Church
Grace Church was planted in Indianola, Iowa in 2008. We are passionate about the gospel and faithfully pursuing the mission the Lord has given us: Love God, Love People, Proclaim the Word, Make Disciples
Questions and resumes can be directed to:Pastor Keegan CrosbyEmail: email@example.comPhone: 402-979-9190
Pastor of Next Generation Ministries
New Life Evangelical Free Church in Tama-Toledo, Iowa has started a search for a ‘Pastor of Next Generation Ministries.’ This position will be responsible to bring leadership to the church’s ministries for children and youth. They are looking for a pastor who is passionate about reaching the next generation with the Gospel, building them up in the faith, and who has a clear vision to equip and encourage the people of God to serve in these ministries. Questions and resumes can be directed to: Pastor Steve Brant (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Associate Pastor: Worship & Student Ministry in Siloam Springs, AR
Siloam Springs Bible Church is seeking a full-time associate pastor to shepherd and serve in the areas of student ministry and worship to begin as soon as possible. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing all aspects of the worship ministry and student ministry of the church.
SSBC currently has two identical musically blended worship services each Sunday morning. One of these services is streamed online. Candidates will be expected to recruit, disciple, and equip volunteers in the music and tech ministries of SSBC. He should also be able to lead this team and the congregation during the worship service as needed. In the area of technology, he will need to be able to oversee a volunteer team for sound and computer needs for both an in person and online service. You can find recorded worship services here.
Student Ministry (7th-12th grades)
The student ministry at SSBC is led by our students with oversight by adult volunteers. This means we are looking for someone who is interested and able to develop our student and adult leaders. This pastor will oversee the teaching ministry for this age on Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, shepherding students, parents, and adult leaders as well as planning and leading outreach events, mission trips, and student retreats.
Siloam Springs Bible Church
SSBC, founded in 1947, is affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. Our mission is to glorify God by loving Him and making disciples and our vision is to build caring relationships to connect our homes, community and the world to Jesus. We are a healthy church with approximately 350 weekly attendance serving a growing, diverse community of more than 17,000. In 2018 our church moved to a larger facility and is poised to continue growing. We are a congregational church with elder leadership. Currently we have two full-time pastoral staff and five part-time staff. In the past decade we have been blessed to send multiple missionary families from our congregation and look forward to continuing to make disciples of all nations.
- Must be a follower of Jesus Christ
- Meets the biblical qualifications for an elder described in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1.
- Passionate about shepherding, equipping, and developing other believers
- Demonstrated experience in leading a worship team
- Demonstrated experience in discipling students
- Agrees with SSBC’s Statement of Faith
- Demonstrated experience with diverse populations
- Demonstrated experience in sound and technology for worship services (in person and online)
- Possesses an EFCA credential
- Completed degree in ministry or Bible
- Experience working in a church or parachurch ministry environment
SSBC provides competitive salaries based on experience and qualifications. All pastors have the option of participating in retirement investment and disability insurance through the EFCA. Paid time off includes holidays and three weeks of vacation annually. Pastors also receive a 12-week sabbatical after a minimum of six years of service at SSBC.
Applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com
- Letter of interest including why he is qualified for this position
- One or two page written testimony
Pastor Bruce Boehmer
firstname.lastname@example.org 927 South Oak Hill St.
Siloam Springs, AR 72761 479-524-3963
The screening process will begin on March 28, 2022 and will continue until the position is filled.
Youth Pastor at Bethel Baptist Church in Newell, IA
Purpose of Position:
As Bethel’s demographics continue to change, so has the need for a youth pastor on staff. The youth pastor will operate alongside church leadership to promote the spiritual growth of students in our church, schools, and community and create a Great Commission culture amongst the youth ministry.
- He is to meet the biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Prefer prior ministry experience in the area of youth.
- Bachelor’s Degree or a good level of biblical training is preferred.
- Our preference is to have a married couple with some involvement from his spouse.
- Ability to handle God's Word in agreement with Bethel’s doctrinal positions
- Good communication skills
- Relational and loves students
- Plan and execute youth activities that align with and help accomplish the church's mission statement
- Ability to listen and provide biblical counsel to students.
- Organizational skills
Primary Duties and Expectations:
- To work as a team with the pastoral staff and elders.
- The Youth Pastor will be a key part of this leadership team. It is essential that a general agreement exists in the working philosophy of the pastoral staff.
- Lead and work closely with volunteer youth leaders in the planning and carrying out the ministry throughout the week through group and individual discipleship including youth sunday school ministry.
- Shepherd the youth by building strong relationships with them and their families.
- Establish a presence in the community by building intentional community relationships.
- Provide biblical counsel to youth in cooperation with parents and pastoral staff as needed.
- Coordinate the youth ministry with all other aspects of the ministry of Bethel Baptist Church so as to promote the strongest possible unity between them.
- Be involved in Sunday services and willing to preach in coordination with the pastoral staff.
Operating in Your Strengths:
Though the primary responsibility of this position is with the youth 7-12th grades, we understand that every candidate is uniquely gifted by God and will consider additional duties based on the spiritual gifts of the individual.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please contact us at:
Email - email@example.com
Geoff Smith - 712-730-1558