About the Central District EFCA
Mission & Vision
The Central District exists to lead, support, strengthen and multiply healthy churches and leaders among all people throughout our entire area of ministry.
As a people of God, we have a passion to experience a deeply intimate and spiritual relationship with Christ. With the Bible as our guide and the recognition that we walk in the pathway of countless godly people before us, it is our desire as a people of faith to experience God both in word and heart, and not just in our head. We invite you to join us in one of our churches as we seek a deeper connection with God the Father through the gospel of Jesus Christ and in the power of his Holy Spirit.
"I want to know Christ, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead." Philippians 3:10-11
- High quality youth retreats and leadership events
- Leadership for student ministry (CDSM)
- Men's and women's ministries
- Care and counsel for pastors and churches
- Credentialing pathways for pastors
- Healthy church networks and church health development
- Intentional church planting
- Retreat and camping ministries
- A "continuation of care" retirement living home
- Church building help (Solid Rock Buiders)
- Pastor placement for churches and pastors
- Ministry Expansion Loans
The early roots of the Evangelical Free Church of America are traced directly to a city in our district, Boone, IA. In 1884 a group of churches that had only relational connections, met in Boone for an initial confrence. They chose to create a "free church" organization of like-minded churches to carry out together ministry that would be beyond the scope of any one church and which could be done more efficiently together.
The EFCA is now divided into 17 districts. The Central District was founded in 1898 and currently serves the churches of Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, and SE South Dakota. Since the district's founding in 1898, our offices have moved between several areas, with our present location being Ames, Iowa. We are committed to the doctrinal statement and distinctives of the Evangelical Free Church of America.